GORDON BROWN AND SCOTLAND
Gordon Brown is a very bad prime minister of the UK.
According to George Osborne, UK Conservative Party economic spokesman (George Osborne attacks Gordon Brown.):
1. Gordon Brown has "presided over what has become the biggest economic disaster of our lifetime."
2. "It was in Britain, not America, where families borrowed more than any in the world."
3. "Our Government could and should have used the good years of global growth to set aside money for a rain day...
"That's what many governments did by building up budget surpluses, such as they did in Australia and Sweden...
"In Britain, Gordon Brown racked up the biggest budget deficit in the western world."
According to an article at Wikipedia, Brown has not helped the poor and has not reduced taxes on the poor:
1. Anti-poverty: The Centre for Policy Studies found that the poorest fifth of households, which accounted for 6.8% of all taxes in 1996–7, accounted for 6.9% of all taxes paid in 2004-5. Meanwhile, their share of state benefit payouts dropped from 28.1% to 27.1% over the same period. (Poor lose out in Brown's tax reforms)
2. Tax: According to the OECD UK taxation has increased from a 39.3% share of gross domestic product in 1997 to 42.4% in 2006, going to a higher level than Germany. (General Government Outlays as percentage of GDP (Microsoft Office Excel table)
Unicef ranks the UK last out of 21 developed countries for children's well-being. (UK is accused of failing children)
Gordon Brown has kept UK troops in Iraq and in Afghanistan.