The British Royal Family and the Nazis
The Duke of Edinburgh's brother-in-law, Prince Christoph of Hesse, was a member of the SS.
So many of the Duke of Edinburgh's relatives had Nazi links that when he married Elizabeth 'he was severely limited on the guests he could invite'. (Real History and the German side of the British royal family)
According to Charles Higham’s book "Trading With The Enemy": In the early stages of World War II, the Duke of Windsor had a secret meeting in the Hotel Meurice in Paris with Rudolf Hess and Martin Bormann.
In ' Double Standards: The Rudolf Hess Cover-up' by Lynn Picknett, Clive Prince & Stephen Prior it is argued that:
1. Rudolf Hess flew to Scotland in 1941 with Hitler's blessing.
2. Hess was to meet with a faction of British royalty who wanted to arrange peace between Britain and Nazi Germany.
3. Churchill and his faction got to Hess first when his plane landed and locked him up, even though Hess had been guaranteed safe passage by King George VI.
4. It is possible that the Duke of Kent rescued Hess and tried to fly to Sweden to continue secret peace negotiations. Allegedly, the Duke of Kent wanted to see Churchill removed.
5. The Duke's plane crashed approximately two miles from where Hess was kept on the shores of Loch More. Hess may have died in the plane crash. The plane crash may not have been accidental.
Clive Prince wrote:
"Churchill was in a very, very insecure position politically in May 1941. In fact, three days before Hess arrived, there had been a vote of no-confidence in Churchill.
"He didn’t have the support of the aristocracy or the support of MI6 and the King. But the Hess affair basically gave Churchill the opportunity to blackmail his opponents who were involved with the Hess flight into supporting him...
"He also used the Hess flight to ensure that Hitler went ahead with his attack on Russia six weeks after Hess arrived....
"We’re certain that MI6 was totally involved in the Hess affair - they weren’t luring him over: they were inviting him over. This was because MI6 were supportive of the idea of ending the War with Germany.
"MI6 saw the real enemy as being Russia. Sir Stuart Menzies - the head of MI6 - advised Churchill to stay out of things and let the Nazis and the Russians get on with it."
It has been claimed that the British monarchy, and the City of London's leading Crown bankers, enthusiastically backed Hitler and the Nazis. (Royal Nazis and the Scottish connection / The Frost blog)